The Good Life?????

Friday, January 12, 2007

Planning the garden

Been in the house nearly a year now and it's time to plan the veg garden for the year, want to be a bit more organised this time, grow a lot of things that I know I'll eat, rather than a bit of this and a bit of that.
I've started to turn over the bit of turf that is remaining, so I've got a fair bit more growing space this season. The potatoes will be going in the bit I've turned over, heard they are supposed to break up the soil well... not sure how true this is, but sounds good to me!
Still no greenhouse and due to lack of funds, not likely to have one this year.

Planning on growing;
Potatoes
Peas
Carrots
Celeriac
Parsnips
Runner Beans
Mange Tout
Lettuce
Garlic
Spring Onion
Chard
Spinach
Butternut Squash
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Leeks
Cabbage

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home