The Good Life?????

Monday, October 09, 2006

Apple Wine

After the disaster that was my Rhubarb wine

(how was I supposed to know;

C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH plus CO2
( SUGAR) > (ALCOHOL) plus( CARBON DIOXIDE )
This reaction only takes place in ANAEROBIC conditions
and a temp of between 60 and 75 F (cheers Dad!)

i.e. I was supposed to put water in the airlocks to stop the air getting in!!!)

I've thought I'd give it another try. Need to perfect it before my vines start to become productive (Would help if I cleared the space where they are going into the ground first!) so should have a good few years yet!

My next door neighbour had a cabinet in one shed she wanted moving to a different shed, in return for me moving it for her, she offered me a bag full of windfall apples (I would have done it for nothing, honest! But she did insist!!)

So I'm giving apple wine a try. Following this recipe
Hope it turns out better than last time

2 Comments:

  • How was I supposed to know..... ;-)

    Dunno just fancied wine instead, bit stronger!

    By Blogger Owen Rhys Williams, at 10/10/2006 7:32 PM  

  • My friend and I were recently discussing about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


    I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


    (Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]r4i ds[/url] DS BB)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/05/2010 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home