The Good Life?????

Monday, February 27, 2006

Well, here goes... my new life, for the moment!

Having been bought up with gardening in my blood, I had always been vaguely interested in it, especially the vegetable side. Always used to help (don't know how much help I actually was, mind you!) my parents with their veg garden when I was younger.
Anyway, as I said, it was only a vague interest and when I got a job and left home and forgot about things like gardening etc.
But then a couple of things happened. Firstly I started to get very interested in food (not just eating it!) I started to cook a lot more and because of this I started to take a lot more interest in where it came from. Also, we got 2 chickens. Can't really explain why! Anyway, they lived happily in our little urban garden for 6 or so months and the more time I spent with them, chasing them round the garden, cleaning out their house etc, the more I realised how much I wanted a "country" life.
We decided to buy a house and one of my main requirements was a decent sized garden. Our budget was somewhat limited, but eventually we found somewhere just right..... and that's how it started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home